Santa Maria Golf Academy
Champions Golf Quizzes for Kids
QUIZ #1 – 20 Questions
2. True or False: After playing a round of golf, you should always shake hands with the people you played with.
A. 10 holes
B. 16 holes
C. 18 holes
D. 22 holes
A. The player closest to the hole.
B. The player farthest from the hole.
__________ _________ _________ Extra Credit:________________
6. True or False: Running on the putting green is okay!
7. True or False: A putting stroke is made with a lot of hand action, active legs, and very little shoulder motion.
A. Your Feet
B. Your Golf Club
9. True or False: Stretching before you play is not necessary.
A. Directly In front of your ball
B. Directly Behind your ball
C. To the side of the ball
D. Any of the above
A. Right behind the hole so you can watch the ball go in the hole.
B. Out of the player’s line of sight.
C. Side by side with the players putting.
A. In the middle of your feet
B. In front of your foot closest to the target
C. Next to your back foot
A. Full swings with the Putter
B. 2 iron
C. Pitching Wedge
B. Double Bogey
15. True or False: It is against the rules to clean your ball off with a towel when your ball is on the putting green.
A. The player who made a Par
B. The player who made a Bogey
C. The player who made a Birdie
D. The player who made A Double Bogey
A. Separated by at least 5 inches
B. Close Together
A. 7 iron
B. 6 iron
C. 8 iron
Birdie Level Exam A
20 Questions – GOOD LUCK!
2. True or False: You should chip with your sand wedge and pitch with your 4 iron?
3. True or False: Pitching is a high lofted shot, while chipping is a low running shot?
A. The player who made a birdie on the second hole.
B. The player who made par on the second hole.
C. The player who made bogey on the second hole..
1. __________________ 2. __________________ 3. __________________
6. True or False: You should mark your golf ball with a bright colored tee, so you can see it from a long distance?.
7. True or False: When taking a penalty drop, you should hold your arm straight out in front of you and just release the ball softly?
A. Match Play and Stroke Play
B. Fast Play and Slow Play
9. True or False: In stroke play, the winner of stroke play will be the player who has the fewest strokes and the lowest total score by the end of the round of golf?
10. True or False: In match play, each hole is its own competition, the winner of a match will be the player who wins the most holes by the end of the round of golf?
11. True or False: It is okay to switch to a clean ball on the putting green of a hole, but you may only use two balls, never three on one hole?
A. To make the game fair for everyone to play against each other.
B. To make the person hit more shots.
C. To make the players score closer to 100.
13. True or False: When on the putting green, it is okay to repair spike marks made by your golf shoes?
14. True or False: When playing a tournament round, the player is responsible for his score to be correct on each hole, the overall total is of less importance?
15. True or False: After completion of play you should always shake hands with the people you play with and sign one anothers scorecard?
16. After holing out on the seventh hole during the Buick Invitational Tournament, Tiger Woods practices putting while the group on the next hole finishes teeing off. Is this okay to do?
A. A 135 yard drive
B. A one-foot putt
C. Both are equally important
A. A Draw or Hook
B. A Fade or Slice
19. True or False: For every ball that you hit on the Driving range, you should hit at least the same amount in the short game area.
A. Tiger Woods
B. Sergio Garcia
C. My Dad
D. Vijay Singh
21. After you’ve finished a hole during a normal round of golf, are you allowed to drop the ball on the green and putt it again for practice? While waiting on the tee for the fairway ahead to clear, can you hit short chips to pass the time?
Eagle Level Exam A
A. John Daly
B. Fred Funk
C. Ernie Els
D. Tiger Woods
2. True or False: You should always have a Pre-Shot Routine?
3. True or False: While playing from the sand, you should carve a line in the sand about an inch behind the ball, so you know where to try to hit?
A. 7 iron
B. 3 wood
D. Sand Wedge
5. True or False: Jack Nicklaus has won more major golf events than anyone else?
6. True or False: Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus were rivals at one time during their careers?
7. True or False: Before you decide which club you should use, you should check the wind, check the yardage of the shot to be played, and check the lie the ball has come to rest in?
8. True or False: You need to tell the person you are playing with immediately, if you have incurred a penalty stroke.
9. True or False: The teeing ground is the area from which you hit your first shot on a hole?
10. True or False: From the tee markers you can tee as far back as four club lengths behind the markers?
A. Always slow your swing down at impact when you hit from the sand.
B. Putt when you can, chip when you can’t putt, pitch only when you have to.
C. Ground your club in the sand before you swing for better contact
12. True or False: The game of golf originated in Melbourne, Australia ?
13. True or False: You should always practice extra hard on your weaknesses, but do not neglect your strengths either.
1. The M_______
2. P___ Championship
3. U. S. O___
4. The O___PEN (aka B________ Open Championship)
A. A bunker
B. A water hazard
C. Both are hazards
A. Junior World
B. Nabisco Junior Finalist Championship
C. Junior Bowl
A. 10 minutes
B. 5 minutes
C. As long as you want
19. True or False: If your ball falls off the tee while you are addressing the ball, there is no penalty, but you must now play the ball on the ground and you may not remove the tee.
20. True or False: On the putting green, you may brush sand, leaves, twigs, and branches out of your line of putt.
THERE MAY BE MORE THAN ONE CORRECT ANSWER!!!
1. True or False: When playing a round of golf, you should make sure you do your pre-shot routine on every shot?
2. True or False: The golf swing in a simple form – is the golf club swinging over your right shoulder on the backswing and down and thru passing over your left shoulder on the follow through.
B. Candy Bars
D. Apples and Bananas
A. Less than 30 minutes
B. Between 30-60 minutes
C. A minimum of 60 minutes
A. Down the left hand side
B. At the edge of the water and try to draw one.
C. Who cares, just grip it and rip it!
7. True or False: You should have a favorite and reliable shot pattern to go to when the pressure gets turned on?
A. Stroke and Distance
B. One stroke penalty and drop where the ball went out of bounds
9. True or False: When pitching from deep, heavy rough you should grip the club tighter so the club doesn’t open or close through impact?
A. Two Strokes
B. One Stroke
C. No Penalty
D. All of the above
A. Eat a cheeseburger while you play, the double bogeys will stay away.
B. For every minute you are not practicing, someone else is practicing and becoming better than you.
C. Take two weeks off and then quit, when you are playing poorly.
12. True or False: You should use a Driver on every Par 4 and every Par 5.
A. The person farthest from the hole must play the ball as it lies, you cannot move the balls.
B. Mark it, pick it up, clean it, replace it.
C. One of you must mark your ball and pick up the ball holding the ball with two fingers only. You may then replace the ball after your opponent has played.
14. True or False: You may remove a lateral water hazard stake if it interferes with your swing?
15. True or False: Water hazard stakes are painted yellow and lateral water hazard stakes are painted red?
16. Is there anything in the Rule Book that talks about casual water or embedded golf balls?
17. True or False: In individual stroke play, your Caddie may give you advice, but no one else.
18. Can you replace a pitch mark made from your ball on the fringe or fairway cut.
19. True or False: You should always swing full, never make a half or 3/4 swing?
1. What is the oldest golf championship in the world?
2. How many holes does a round of golf have?
3. Which golf shot is used for the closest range?
4. What is the oldest golf club institution in the world?
5. Which is the longest and the largest club used in golf?
6. Which country has the largest number of golf courses (per capita)?
7. What is the Golf Champions Tour?
8. What is the maximum weight of an official golf ball?
9. What is the name of the stand for a golf ball?
10. What is known as a “dogleg”?
11. What is another name for a sand trap in golf?
12. Who was the first American to win the British Open golf tournament?
13. Which Asian country is not part of the Asian Golf Tour and has a separate tournament for itself?